Gizelis Robotics participates in the European Avangard Project
State-of-the-art robotic technologies, 3D printing applications for the production of electric drive units are being developed.
Gizelis Robotics, reaffirming its commitment to continuous development and upgrading of its technological capabilities, with the aim of providing modern solutions in the field of robotics and Industry 4.0, participates in the European technology research project "Advanced manufacturing solutions tightly aligned with business needs – AVANGARD". The project, funded by the European Commission under HORIZON 2020, is being implemented by a dynamic European consortium of universities, research institutes and leading industrial technology companies.
What is the ANANGARD project?
The AVANGARD project addresses the integration of three novel processing units into an existing Microfactory test bed conceived to produce urban electric vehicles. The units are state of-the-art multipurpose and multifunctional demonstrators on their own, specifically:
- Robotized integration of laser cutting-shaping-welding for 3D components
- Supersonic deposition of metallic powders for high speed 3D printing
- Large volume and high-speed 3D polymeric printing.
The operation of the AVANGARD pilot will be demonstrated manufacturing I-Bikes, I-CARS and innovative battery packs.
The participation of Gizelis Robotics
It is noted that Gizelis Robotics will participate in the development of the modular process units through the robotized integration of laser cutting, shaping and welding of the 3D components and the supersonic deposition of metallic powders for high speed 3D printing. It will contribute to cloud based Avangard 4.0 pilot utilized in the integration of the modules into a micro factory test bed, and will work together to the demonstration of the Ibike and I-Car prototypes, and to the new approaches for the integration of the battery packs.
The members of the European consortium of the Avangard project.
The project is attended by the University of Patras (Systems and Automation Laboratory-LMS), Hellenic Mediterranean University, GIZELIS ROBOTICS S.A., Ideas Forward PC. More European participants are:
- STMicroelectronics is one of the largest semiconductor companies in the world.
- Italian PRIMA INDUSTRIE SpA, world leader in industrial laser systems and sheet metal processing machines.
- I-FEVS focusing on the engineering and advanced construction of new road electric vehicle architectures, member and key driver of the Torino e-distrik complex dealing with the overall value chain of electrification.
- The University of Turin (UNITO), one of the largest Italian universities, with about 70,000 students, 3,900 staff (academic, administrative and technical staff), 1,800 postgraduate and postdoctoral researchers.
- The University of Vaasa (UVA) which is a business-oriented, multidisciplinary, and international university.
- The Finnish company Rodstein LTD which focuses on engineering of machine tools, material handling and factory automation.
- The Portuguese company INTROSYS - Integracao de Sistemas Roboticos, SA founded in 2002 as a spin off from the Department of Electrical Engineering of Universiade Nova de Lisboa.
- UNINOVA- Instituto de Desenvolvimento de Novas Tecnologias, a multidisciplinary, independent and non-profit research institute employing around 180 people, located metropolitan area of Lisbon.
- CLN-GROUP MA srl, the car division of the Turin-based CLN Group. (Leading company in the production of metal spare parts for cars for each type of vehicle (passenger car, light commercial vehicles, heavy goods vehicles).
- Morphica is an Italian SME specialized in 3D printing founded in 2017 based in Monopoly, Bari, Italy.
- Fundacion CIDAUT is a private non-profit institution committed to strengthening the industrial fabric in the transport and energy sectors, through specific research and development programs (Spain).
- The Polish company POLEVS which started its activities in 2017 and focuses on the engineering and advanced manufacturing of novel architectures of road electrical vehicles.
- The Belgian Welding Institute – BWI, with extensive recognized experience in material testing and worldwide reputation in welding testing.
More information at: www.avangard-project.eu/project/
Industrial & business robotics excellence
Gizelis Robotics is the most modern robotic solutions company in Greece, offering products and solutions in a variety of industrial applications. It provides both unique and on-demand robotic solutions as well as combined robotic and artificial intelligence solutions for the Greek and international industry.
BROOKSTREET EQUITY PARTNERS LLP
BROOKSTREET is Gizelis Robotics strategic partner. A unique, commercially motivated and flexible Private Equity/Venture Capital (PEVC) investment group supporting companies which experience transformational growth. Our mission is to be “the leading investor and partner for innovative, profitable, high-growth and extrovert small-cap (SME) out-performers”. Based out of London (the bridge of the world) we outreach USA, Europe, Middle East and Asia. We seek opportunities in asymmetric (emerging and developing) markets where we have a distinct competitive advantage to apply Anglo-Saxon models of growth and expansion. Currently we are very active in SE Europe.